Monday, April 11, 2011

Just when I thought I felt better...

I was beginning to feel a little better about Beau.  Then I got the call from our vet.  I knew what it was, so I let it go to voicemail.  "We are calling to tell you that Beau's ashes are ready to be picked up"...  That was 4 days ago!
I picked my little one up from school today and we went to the vet.  I was a bit teary when inside picking up what was left of my dear friend.  My daughter and I walked, hand in hand outside, and I lost it.  Sobbed liked a little kid who just lost their best friend.  I suppose I have.   I remember taking Beau to the vet for his first check up when I got him.  He made everyone smile, as he was quite talkative.  He also showed off by "sitting handsome".  He got a lot of biscuits that day!
As I sit here crying, I think of all the happy moments Beau gave me.  He was a goofball who made me smile.  He was a protector to the whole family.  He was a chow hound.  He was a friend that snuggled with me when I needed it.  I wish we could snuggle now....
Beau's ashes are currently in his favorite room in the house - the kitchen!  He is near the things he loved the most, his brothers and sister, his humans, and of course FOOD!!!  We miss you old man....

No comments:

Post a Comment